My travels take me all around the world, and sometimes I want to capture a beautiful place, but I don’t want a regular ol’ cellphone selfie photo.
Or the hassle of lugging around a tripod and DSLR camera.
And sometimes, asking a stranger to take my photo isn’t going to cut it. Especially when 9/10 the photo comes back blurry or the top of my head is missing.
So what’s the solution?
What is Flytographer?
Flytographer is a global concierge service that effortlessly connects you with top-rated photographers. Use it to find a local photographer and say goodbye to subpar self-portraits and say hello to beautiful travel photos you’ll cherish forever.
From the moment you inquire until the final delivery of your images, Flytographer ensures a seamless experience, making it a breeze to capture remarkable vacation photos – without a selfie stick.
In addition to their core service, you can also book a photographer for a proposal or professional headshots. Whatever you need, Flytographer has you covered!
How to Book Your Flytographer Shoot
What I love about Flytographer is how easy it is to set up a shoot.
Here’s everything you need to do:
- Step 1: Find the destination you’re visiting on the Flytographer website. You’ll get a list of photographers available in the area.
- Step 2: Browse the photographer’s profiles. You can read through reviews, look through their portfolios, and find a photographer who matches the style you’re looking for.
- Step 3: Request to book your photographer. The inquiry form will ask you to choose the dates and times you’re available, the type of photoshoot you’d like to book (vacation, surprise proposal, etc.), and who will be there.
- Step 4: Once the date and time are confirmed, you’ll pay for the shoot and prepare for your close-up!
After you shoot, the photographer will send you selects to preview within 1-2 days. Then, the rest of your gallery will arrive a few days later.
While you can book a photographer last minute, I highly recommend planning your shoot at least a month in advance.
You’ll get the photographer you want and have the time to fine-tune details like location, time of day, and the general vibe you want in your photos.
Is Flytographer Worth It? My Experience Using The Service
I worked with Flytographer three times over the last few months in Berlin, Istanbul, and New York City.
While on a last-minute trip to New York City in February, I decided to squeeze in a quick photoshoot at Times Square. After all, what’s a more quintessential NYC experience than grabbing some pizza and capturing the bustling vibe of Manhattan?
I loved my NYC experience so much that I booked one for Istanbul and got my mom in on the Flytographer action. We spent a few hours exploring the city’s highlights and got some solid snaps of us to remember the trip.
No wonky tripod and remote required!
What I loved about all three of my shoots was meeting the photographer. I got to hang out with a local, get some insider tips, and get professional snaps in front of some of my favorite attractions.
I love that the photographers will actually work with you through the shots. No awkward poses here!
Of course, I’m fairly specific when I work with a photographer, so I would come with examples of styles and a specific idea of what I was looking for.
I also brought a change of clothes. Keep in mind time is of the essence, so if you want to change up your outfit. I suggest keeping the outfit changes simple. Think of additional things like a hat, scarf, or bag. These are easy “prop” that add a little something to the photo.
I’ve got a few more trips planned for 2023, and I’m itching to try Flytographer again. Imagine professional snaps in front of iconic places like the Pyramids of Giza or the Louvre in Paris.
Get Your Flytographer Discount Code
Want to give Flytographer a whirl for your next trip? Use my discount code SarahD50 and grab $50 off your first photoshoot.
- Do I tip my flytographer? It’s not mandatory, but entirely up to you.
- How many people can book a shoot together? If you’ve booked a 30-minute slot, the max number of people allowed is 6. For a full hour, it’s 10, and for 90 minutes, you can bring 15 people along.
- Can I purchase extra time while in the middle of a shoot? Yes, you can. Each additional 30 minutes with your photographer is $150 USD, and you can pay after the shoot online.
- Do I own my Flytographer photos? Yes! You have the rights to use the pictures for personal use. However, you can’t use them commercially, and your photographer retains the copyright.