Sick of gifting chocolates, cards, and flowers on Mother’s Day? There’s no lack of items to gift your mother– from giving dietary supplements and probiotics that could promote good health and make her appear ageless to presenting her with handmade items such as a hand-crocheted muffler, there is no dearth of options. However, if you want to gift her with something more unique, then shake up the status quo, embrace the resurgence of travel, and inspire your mom to pack her bags and explore someplace new.<
Below, I’ve compiled a list of some of the best Mother’s Day gifts for globetrotters. There are gifts for the wino, the jet-set luxury traveler, the intrepid adventurer, and every other mom in between.
From lifetime warranty luggage set to a whirlwind all-inclusive trip to Jamaica – here are some of the best unique and thoughtful gift ideas your mom will love.
Is your mom’s suitcase a stitch or two close from falling apart?
Upgrade her travel luggage with a swanky Victorinox Spectra 3.0 suitcase.
125 years ago, Karl Elsener didn’t just invent the Swiss Army Knife – he invented an attitude. To this day, this attitude inspires every single one of their products – including their travel gear. With award-winning design and a range of carry-on to checked luggage options, mom will have all the options for her next trip. Each suitcase comes with a TSA-approved lock, wheels that won’t squeak, and an unbreakable SORPLAS™, a high-performance recycled polycarbonate, shell.
Each one comes with an extensive warranty, so if mom is a little hard on her bag, she can always get it fixed!
Compression Packing Cubes
When it comes to packing like a pro, packing cubes are a traveler’s best friend.
…But compression packing cubes? These babies will change your mom’s packing game for life.
Instead of only helping you keep your items separate and organized, these cubes squeeze out all the extra air, helping mom fit even more outfits into one bag.
Got some plans to see the world post-COVID lockdown? Don’t let mum leave the house without a passport holder.
It’s the perfect Mother’s Day gift you know she’ll use (especially after you explain it includes an RFID blocker).
It’s a piece of technology that will prevent thieves from scanning your mom’s passport incognito and stealing her identity while abroad.
You can also get RFID blocking cards for her wallet or sleeves to protect her passport and credit cards.
Top Tip: Take your gifting to the next level and throw in matching luggage tags.
Seatsitters (Airplane Seat Covers)
Is your mom still finding her feet in a post-COVID world?
Soothe her fears with a Seat Sitters pack.
These lightweight, reusable seat covers are the only traveling companion you need for airplanes, trains, movie theaters, or rideshares.
Simply pull one out, place it on the seat, and protect mom from colds, the flu, and allergies.
If you get the pack, you’ll also receive a tray table cover (ideal for those long-haul international flights), two face masks, a travel-friendly-sized hand sanitizer, and a pack of hand wipes.
Roadtrip to a National Park
Sometimes experiences and quality time are the best Mother’s Day gifts.
Take your mom on a whirlwind road trip to some of the best US National Parks. I promise you. It’s an adventure she’ll hold near and dear to her heart forever. However, before you embark on the journey, ensure to check your vehicle for any repair or general maintenance works. Whether you need to fix the brakes on your car or require a fresh coat of paint for rusty trailer of yours, make sure you get it done as soon as possible. You would surely not want your mom to be travelling in a broken or discoloured-looking vehicle, would you now?
Anyway, once you have taken care of all these, you are set to hit the road.
Here are my top recommendations:
- Grand Circle Tour in Utah: It’s an 11-day road trip that will see you traverse 1,500 miles through six national parks: Zion, Bryce Canyon, Capitol Reef, Arches, Canyonlands, Grand Canyon, and Monument Valley.
- Grand Teton to Yellowstone and Glacier National Park: Head to British Columbia and get to know the Northern Rockies with your mom. Go on an unforgettable road trip through Grand Teton, Yellowstone, and Glacier on an epic 450-mile route. If you have the time, detour to the Going-to-the-Sun Road in Glacier. It’s a scenic 50-mile stretch that crosses the Continental Divide.
- Majestic Mountain Loop: Only got 5-hours to give mom an awe-inspiring road trip? Take her to California and take the Majestic Mountain Loop. It ticks off three of the state’s most iconic parks: Yosemite, Kings Canyon, and Sequoia. Some highlights include the world’s largest tree, the Half Dome hike in Yosemite, and Hume Lake in Kings Canyon.
- Seattle to Mount Rainier and Olympic National Park: Washington is one of the best road trip destinations in the US, and its national parks are part of its allure. Plan a Pacific Northwest trip with your mom, starting in Seattle and meandering up to Mount Rainier before moving to Port Angeles and entering Olympic National Park. Here, you can drive down the Pacific coast past ancient rainforests, glacier-capped mountains, and rugged coastline scenery.
Scoop a Deal with Karisma
Pamper your mom with the all-inclusive luxury vacation she deserves! For the month of May, Karisma is running a Mother’s Day special that’s hard to resist.
Choose from exciting destinations like Mexico, Dominican Republic, or alluring Jamaica.
Not sure which country to choose? I’d highly recommend Maragrittaville in Cap Cana. It’s a 5-star resort located on Juanillo Beach (a world-famous strip of sand), and it’s an inclusive gourmet hideaway.
Book mom in for world-class spa treatments, delicious meals, and endless hours on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
A travel steamer is a lifesaver.
Even though everyone says rolling your clothes is the best way to avoid wrinkles from your suitcase, I have yet to get that hack right.
Instead, I’ve switched to a handy travel steamer.
It’s a super practical Mother’s Day gift that’s small enough to fit into a suitcase and powerful enough to banish even the most stubborn wrinkles.
Mum will look photo-ready at her next getaway even if the rolling clothes hack fails.
Priority Wine Pass
Does your mom love wine?
Gift her the ultimate Mother’s Day present: The Priority Wine Pass.
For as little as $40, your mom can scoop up discounts for more than 400 wineries in California, Oregon, and Washington and other kickbacks like personalized wine tasting itineraries, free tasting experiences, and more.
Struggling to decide where to go?
Here are some of my favorite wine regions:
- Napa Valley
- Southern California (Temecula, Ramona, San Diego)
Here’s to Spoiling Your Mom!
Which of these Mother’s Day gifts are you considering adding to your check-out basket?
Did I miss any good ideas you think everyone needs to know about? Let me know in the comments below!